Do you have a bunch of SLR-compatible lenses lying around, with no way to attach them to your iPhone? Grieve no more: Photojojo’s iPhone SLR Mount lets you (almost) turn your iPhone into a full-fledged DSLR.
The device’s function is simple: it’s a special iPhone case (together with an UV filter and SLR adapter) to which you can attach a variety of photo lenses – telephoto, wide angle, macro or fixed-fifty – which should greatly increase the quality of photos taken with your phone.
It comes with certain caveats: for example, your images will be upside down, due to the fact that SLR cameras have a mirror inside them which flips the image right-side up – something that iPhone obviously doesn’t have.
We’re also sure that the entire thing will look like a gross overkill to many, but we can imagine a couple of uses for it: if nothing else, it’ll surely make you a star at the next photo convention.
The iPhone 4 version of the mount costs $249, while the iPhone 3 variant will set you back $190.
For more iPhone photography-related accessories, check out this list.
[Photojojo via Engadget]
- iPhone 4 Turns Into A DSLR With New Photojojo Case (slashgear.com)
- Insanely impractical lens mount turns iPhone into a DSLR… sort of (digitaltrends.com)
- The iPhone SLR Mount Turns an iPhone Into a DSLR (laughingsquid.com)
- iPhone SLR lens mount (boingboing.net)
- Yet another SLR mount for the iPhone (tuaw.com)