No, your eyes don’t deceive you — Box is offering 50GBs of free storage inside its cloud for iOS users — just like it did for TouchPad owners back in June. Anyone who downloads the latest version of Box’s app for iPad and iPhone will receive their massive lot for data storage after registering a personal account (existing accounts can join in on the fun as well). To make better use of that extra space, Box will also be bumping upload capacity from 25MB to 100MB per file and baking in AirPlay support. Look, Box is obviously skitching on iCloud’s tail, but it sure seems like a crazy good deal considering that space is yours “forever.” The promotion will last for 50 days, officially starting at 12AM on October 14th — although, we’re already seeing the update on our end. Full details in the source link.
- Box rides on iCloud’s coattails, offers 50GB of free cloud storage to iOS users (engadget.com)
- Box tries to derail iCloud with free 50 GB storage for iOS users (intomobile.com)
- Box One-Ups Apple, Offers 50 GB Free Cloud Storage to iOS Users (readwriteweb.com)
- Box gives iOS users 50GB of free space to counter iCloud (electronista.com)
- Silicon Alley Insider: Not Sure About iCloud? Here’s How To Get 50GB Of Free Storage For Your iPhone And iPad (businessinsider.com)